Roberto Montero, Senior PHP / Drupal Developer Online Resume
Notice: Sensitive information has been stripped from this public page. If you need more information don't hesitate, drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roberto Montero Ortiz
Nationality: Costa Rican.
Residency: México City, México.
H1B + B1 / B2
Acquia Grand Master:
Acquia Drupal Certified Developer Front End Specialist 2015
Acquia Drupal Certified Developer Back End Specialist 2015
Acquia Drupal Certified Developer 2014
Zend Certified Enginer PHP 5.3
Help companies save money by empowering their teams achieve their goals with total quality and on time.
To secure repeat business from clients by delivering solutions within their budget, that exceed their expectation and innovate the internet application development scene.
2009 - 2016 Achieve Internet. San Diego, CA
Developer - Senior Web Engineer.
- High end, enterprise level Drupal specialist. Specialized in large-scale CMS, ERP and CRM integrations like Eloqua and SalesForce.
- I wore many hats at Achieve: aside from my coding duties I had to be the technical subject matter expert that assisted the sales team, providing a fully detailed proposal quickly or jumping on a call to do ballpark estimates.
- I was also an interim Project Manager, a role that helped me facilitate communication between three different teams, coordinating the development, quality assurance, bug tracking and deployment cycles.
- Technologies used: jQuery, AHAH, AJAX, CDN, CSS 3.0 and HTML 5. Node, React, Angular, Backbone. Apache’s SOLR, Cassandra, MongoDB, Django (Python), RightScale and MariaDB. Vagrant, Redis, Pantheon, Acquia. Amazon EC2 instances.
- Backend and Frontend programming for high demand Drupal web applications.
- Performance tuning.
- Integration with third party web services and APIs.
- Identify and architect the best solution for our client's needs.
- Prepare RFP responses and estimates.
- 10+ projects actively maintained on D.O.
2008 - Drupal Costa Rica + DLA Latin America. San Pedro, Costa Rica
Drupal Evangelist + Entrepreneur.
- Focus on Business Performance:
- Specialized in high end, enterprise level Drupal websites.
- Specialized in large scale ERP and CRM integrations like Eloqua and SalesForce.
- Be the technical subject matter expert that assisted the sales team, providing an accurate and quick turnaround of RFPs, increasing the overall sales and exceeding the sales/marketing goals.
- As an interim Project Manager I was able to facilitate communication between three different teams, coordinating the development, quality assurance, bug tracking and deployment cycles.
- Technologies used: jQuery, AHAH, AJAX, CDN, CSS 3.0 and HTML 5.
- Research and Development: In order to stay ahead of the curve, we researched all the bleeding edge emerging technologies, like Apacheâ€™s SOLR, Cassandra, MongoDB, Django (Python), Amazon EC2 instances, RightScale and MariaDB.
- Focus on Community Growth:
- Strong involvement in the local PHP and Drupal communities.
- Lead and support meet ups and workshops. We successfully created the Drupal Users Group and regularly host a meet up event called Drupal After Dark. Planning the first Drupal Camp Costa Rica.
- We facilitate the training of young PHP developers into strong Drupal engineers.
- We secure offshore projects and use them as training cases for our mentoring programs.
- Increase project profitability by streamlining the development process and balancing the workload between developers of diverse levels.
- We specialize in localization, internationalization and integration of social APIs and plugins.
2008 - 2009 ExcelSoftsources. San Pedro, Costa Rica
Team Lead & Senior Programmer II.
- Receive a Backlog of Use Cases and high level Stories, then lead and participate in sprint planning meetings, going over detailed tasks, and setting deliverables and delegating them balanced among the team.
- Strengths: Drupal module development, profiling and optimization. Drupal theming.
- Worked with the media and publishing industries.
- Integration with third-party APIs like ComissionJunction.com and Amazon.com
- Build high-demand websites with minimal memory footprint.
- Build jQuery enriched backend user interfaces to deliver a friendly user experience.Coordinate tasks between the client and the development team.
2007 - 2008 Achieve Internet. San Pedro, Costa Rica.
Team Lead, offshore manager.
- Managed a team that was focused on theming and development specific projects supporting the high workload with the US team.
- Hiring and evaluation of new associates.
- Web App Development.
- Frontend Development.
- Quality Assurance
2006 - 2007 Open Source Consulting. Paseo Colón, Costa Rica
Senior Developer & Team Lead.
- Coordinate the efforts of four development teams, spanning three countries, to seamlessly deliver precise and high quality solutions on time.
- Soft skills and lateral skills were key to managing a frictionless relationship.
- Out team had ownership of a complete product branch, thus enhancing it in every aspect including architecture, infrastructure, performance, accessibility and reliability.
- Refactoring and optimizing preexisting code.
- Use of refraction and introspection properties of PHP 5 in profiling classes to optimize the code.
2004-2006 PHP Beast.net San Pedro, Costa Rica
Senior Developer & Team Lead.
- Coordinate the Development Team. We built an SEO oriented CMS solution from scratch, using O.O. PHP Programming (classes and objects), AJAX, CSS, XML/XLS, RSS, Ping, Track-back and web services.
- We had to work with and optimize large volume queries. We relied heavily on caching and memory tables to speed up the process of bulk website generation. Sites went from being fully rebuilt in 10 minutes to under 1 minute, increasing the amount of websites that could be serviced per instance. The cached HTML and PHP files were then uploaded via user defined upload channels, that could be FTP, SFTP, SCP or RSync.
2003-2004 OO.RR.S.A. Sabana Norte, Costa Rica
- Support high traffic websites. Participate in the programming and design of high demand websites and supporting mini sites for SEO marketing. Set up and manage the multiple domains and web properties.
- Develop our internal systems: Support, Task Management, Financial Reporting and Admin Backend.
- ASP to PHP migration and development of automation tools and scripts.
2001-2003 TecnoMercadeo Latinoamericano Bo. Luján, Costa Rica
- Programming and web development (ASP + HTML).
- Network administration.
- Systems administrations.
- Developed custom tailored content management solutions.
- Data base management.
- Server management and technical support.
- Installation and configuration of servers.
- Domain management, DNS, IPs
1999-2001 ULACIT. Bo. Tournón, Costa Rica.
Latin American University of Science and Technology
Computer Lab Asst.
- Technical support with end users.
- PC + Mac preventive and repair maintenance.
- Network setup, maintenance and monitoring.
- Linux, Windows, MacOS, Solaris set up and maintenance.
- Systems development.
- Graphic design for internal systems.
- Trainer: Open courses ( MS Office suite).
- Workshops: ASP and internet develompent.
1998-2001 Cristo.Net Bo. Aranjuez, Costa Rica.
Junior Web Developer
- Light website creation. Efficient mini sites for costarrican Christian ministries.
- Full site development for events. Booking, accommodations management system, donations.
- Mentor junior coders. Assist PM with technical insight.
1999 - 2004 ULACIT Bo. Luján, Costa Rica.
BsCS in Computer Sciences.
Emphasis on Systems Engineering and Information Technologies.
1994 - 1998 CONBI College. (Conservatorio Bilingüe) Montes de Oca.
1994 AAHS (Anglo American High School) Sn.Pedro.
1989-1993 Saint Joseph's Primary School. Moravia.
Areas of expertise:
CMS: Drupal ( 6+ years ) WordPress
Acquia Drupal Certified Developer
Zend Certified Enginer
Web: PHP ( 12+ years ), jQuery, AJAX, MySQL, REST, SOAP, XML.
CI: Travis, Jenkins,
Front-end: Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
IDEs: NetBeans, Sublime, Zend Studio. PDT, PHP Eclipse. Atom, not quite an IDE though. Vi, Vim, Text Wrangler
Frameworks: Zend Platform (basic)
OS: LINUX & Windows Environments. Basic MacOS.
Version Control: Git. Git-flow. Mercurial. CVS, SVN Versioning control systems.
Other not so used skills:
Certified PL/SQL programmer from ORACLE University
ASP, SQL Server.
Proficient in most operating systems MacOS, Microsoft: MS-DOS to Windows 8.
Linux all major distibutions. Mostly Ubuntu and CentOS.
Adobe Creative Suite.
Adobe Macromedia Suite.
Basic knowledge of Postgres, Flash, ActionScript, Flex, ColdFusion.
English: Reading - Writing - Comprehension 100%
Spanish: Native Speaker.
Brief Project Overview:
Complete design and programming of the new HR system. ( Website )
Complete design and programming of a tailored CMR application. ( http://redlogistic.com/ )
- Horizontes Virtual Guide:
Complete design and programming of a custom tourist information suite. (http://www.horizontes.com/search/ )
- Guanacaste Rent-a-Car: Collaboration. ( Website offline )
- Rotaractor ( 2006 - 2009 ) Club President.
San Pedro Curridabat Rotaract Club Website:
Coppermine + WordPress integration (http://spcurri.org/)
Custom volunteer control system for a Telethon.
SPCurri.org was decomissioned in 2009 and was ported over to http://sanpedrocurri.org going from WP to Drupal.
- Costa Rica Rotaract Clubs - http://www.rotaractcr.org
Integrated Google Apps and Drupal for this websites.
- San Pedro Curridabat Rotary Club - http://rotarysanpedrocurridabat.org
Integrated Google Apps, Drupal and Twitter for this website. Theme was custom tailored.